stephaniespines

Stephanie Spines

I like dem pages. Find me youtubin' http://www.youtube.com/user/stephandtimread

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)

A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin I don't normally read books of this genre but given all the buzz, and my interest in the television show, I thought I'd give this one a try. I really liked the narration style of this book, each chapter following the story of a different character. I thought that helped to keep things interesting and to keep the reader on the edge of their seats. I thought the character development was really great, giving us enough insight into each character to understand them and their motivations, but leaving enough to the imagination to let us draw our own (even if lead) conclusions. Daenerys was my favourite character, but she's probably everybody's favourite character, growing from weak to amazingly fierce and strong throughout the course of the book. Tyrion as well, because despite his sharp tongue and wit, the reader got a strong sense of his insecurities as well. So all in all, I did enjoy reading this book. It got a little bit slow in the middle but picked up again with AMAZING speed at the end. Well done.